HUBSPP S2 2102 – ‘Sustainability in our Wimmera Farmlands’ National Science Week sessions at seven Wimmera schools
How could the St Josephs PS Hopetoun books be used among other schools to raise awareness of sustainability issues on farms?
The Wimmera HUB SPP provided in-class teacher PD sessions at seven small Wimmera primary schools using these resources as National Science Week events. Hub SPP environmental educator, Jeanie Clark, provided activities which covered:
- living things on farmlands,
- with literacy/communication interpretation and discussion based on the resources,
- and a reflection about the Sustainability and Farmlands learnings.
The main PD aims were to:
1 extend sustainability ideas into farming.
2 introduce the STS Picture Story Book genre
3 introduce the 2012 special years
4 use images as well as text for discovering Science.
This PD was provided to:
- Y2 teacher at Birchip P-12 school
- Y4-6 teacher at St Peter’s Lutheran School, Dimboola
- Y4-6 teacher at St Mary’s PS, Donald
- P-y6 teacher at Our Lady Hope of Christian’s Primary School, Murtoa
- P-y6 teacher at St Patrick’s Primary School, Nhill.
- Y5-6 teacher at St Patrick’s Primary School, Stawell
- Y5-6 teacher at St Mary’s Primary School, Warracknabeal
It was registered as a PDi session C5H45833.
Read the full report HUB SPP_2012-s2 learning story report
page last updated 12/2/2014